Posted by enessman | Posted in Valentine's Day | Posted on February 14, 2013
1. Sensing the kids’ excitement and anticipation as soon as I greeted them in the line-up before the morning bell.
2. Listening to them thank each other for their valentines . . . sincerely . . . without me even having to remind them to do so.
3. Watching them pretend they were at a fancy restaurant as they served themselves from our buffet of pink or red fruit or veggies. Such good manners!
4. Receiving a shiny red apple from a sweet little guy.
5. Attempting (unsuccessfully) to temper their excitement over guessing which growing sponge toy was emerging from their cup of warm water . . . and then just enjoying their enthusiasm.
6. Watching pint-sized scientists make hypotheses about which Valentine candies would sink or float.
7. Having Jen help out in the classroom this afternoon. Couldn’t have done it without her!!
8. Noticing how incredibly quickly they learned how to read coordinates when we played Valentines Battleship on the SMARTBoard. It’s amazing what a little competition can do.
9. Coming home and reading their little heartfelt messages and admiring the drawings in their valentines
10. Savouring chocolate from a special group of parents. Thank you everyone, and Happy Valentine’s Day to you and your families!